Consulting Engineering Services
Our business began as a structural engineering firm providing high quality consulting services to the design industry, and it's a tradition we continue to build on today.
Utilizing current technology and state-of-the-art techniques and software, our analysis capabilities and design experience gives us the necessary tools to provide a high level of engineering service.
And, as with all our services, VLMK places a strong emphasis on providing our clients with practical solutions that not only meet the project requirements but do so in an economical and construction-friendly manner.
- Commercial and Medical Office
- Multi-Story Concrete Tilt-up
- Post-Tensioned Concrete
- 4 and 5-story Light-Framed Wood Structures
- Tenant Improvements
- Structural Inspections
- Seismic Evaluations and Upgrades
- Due Diligence Assistance
VLMK’s design experience includes all of the major construction types, including concrete, steel, wood, masonry and light gauge metal. In addition to the typical structural systems, we also provide engineering services for a number of more specialized structures:
Structural Engineering isn’t always about new construction. We also provide engineering services for:
- Site planning
- Utility Design
- Site grading
- Erosion control
- Drainage Design and Stormwater Management
- SLOPES V Stormwater Compliance
- Public Street Improvements
Utilizing our breadth of engineering and planning experience, VLMK assists in obtaining the necessary documentation through studies or evaluations. Tailored to fit your needs, these reports include engineering investigations, feasibility studies, seismic evaluations and reviews for code compliance and non-conforming uses (such as zoning, fire and life-safety, ADA, and landscaping).
Examples of these types of projects include:
- Equipment Support and Anchorage (HVAC, Manufacturing Equipment, Solar Panels, Cladding and Storefront Systems)
- Evaluation and Design of Repairs for Concrete, Slabs, Dry-Rot, etc.
- Temporary Structures and Bracing/Shoring
- Residential Additions, Remodels and New Construction
- Extruded Plenum Systems for the high-tech industry