DESCRIPTION: VLMK is seeking an Architect or Senior Architectural Designer who is passionate about being part of the building design process and meeting client needs. The successful candidate should have strong organization skills, be able to coordinate the efforts of a multi-disciplinary team, and be knowledgeable and efficient in creating permit and construction documents. In addition to being recognized as a trusted engineering firm, VLMK has a long history of providing design services for industrial buildings, and offers a collaborative work environment with opportunities to grow and expand your abilities, and potentially define new roles within the company.
AS A PROJECT ARCHITECT AT VLMK:
• You will work with a close-knit team where your contribution will be highly valued.
• You will be responsible for preparing effective building designs and presentation materials.
• You will help coordinate the efforts of a multi-discipline design team, working with other designers and engineers to prepare plan documents for a wide variety of light industrial buildings, developments and tenant improvements to serve a diverse group of clients.
• Your specific areas of design focus will likely include creating renderings, space plans, and code and envelope reviews and detailing.
• With demonstrated abilities, you will have an opportunity to work directly with clients and take on additional project management responsibilities.
• You will be part of a team that does food cart Fridays, ski trips, chili cook-offs, running groups, golf tournaments, and more, and appreciates your participation.
• Positive attitude, organized and teachable
• A minimum of an Associate Degree, Bachelors strongly preferred
• A minimum of five years of relevant experience preparing building construction documents and coordinating with a team.
• Ability to prioritize and successfully complete multiple assignments in a fast-paced work environment.
• Be proficient in Revit and AutoCad.
NICE TO HAVE:
• Architectural degree and license.
• Experience with other 3D modeling and rendering applications (SketchUp, 3d Max, Illustrator, etc.)
• Working knowledge of building code requirements.
• A friendly and outgoing personality.
MORE ABOUT US:
Founded in 1971 in beautiful Portland, OR, VLMK Engineering + Design provides structural and civil engineering, and industrial building design services for a variety of clients in the A/E/C and development industry. With a staff of over 35, we have a collaborative environment that values talented team members and offers opportunities for growth.
We offer full medical, dental, vision, 401k and profit sharing benefits, vacation/sick time and free parking. Salary is dependent on experience. Our employees share in the success of our firm with flexible hours, performance bonuses, and opportunities for professional association and educational events.
Qualified candidates must be able to work in the US and should submit a cover letter, detailed resume, portfolio and salary requirements to email@example.com.