A Senior Principal at VLMK Engineering + Design, Trent brings a wide range of building experience to the firm, working across multiple market sectors including industrial and manufacturing buildings, commercial offices, institutional, parking, and large multi-family structures. His breadth of experience and technical knowledge includes design for both new and existing structures with a wide range of different construction types including concrete, steel, masonry, and wood. Trent also has significant experience working with existing facilities and seismic upgrades.
As an active member in professional, technical, and community organizations, Trent enjoys being involved and contributing to the success of his clients, community and colleagues. He’s an active member in the American Concrete Institute and Tilt-up Concrete Association, contributing to technical publications and speaking engagements. Having been a part of structural and seismic topics for many years, Trent has been a leader in Oregon’s Seismic Resilience Planning efforts and is currently a member of the Oregon Seismic Safety Policy Advisory Commission which advises the legislature and Governor regarding seismic policy.
Outside of work, Trent enjoys traveling and spending time with his family, which often includes activities in Oregon’s beautiful outdoors. Some favorites among these are hiking, cycling and snow skiing.
- Oregon Seismic Safety Advisory Policy Advisory Commission (OSSPAC)
- Commissioner, Structural Engineering Stake Holder
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- 551 Tilt-up Committee, Voting Member
- 360 Design of Slabs on Ground. Associate Member
- 380 Structural Plain Concrete, Voting Member
- Tilt-up Concrete Association (TCA)
- Technical publication review, Engineering Tilt-up
- Convention speaker, various
- City of Portland
- Structural Advisory Board
- Manufacturer’s Affinity Group (MAG)
- Structural Engineers Association of Oregon (SEAO)
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
Walla Walla College, BS Engineering
Washington State University, MSCE Structural Engineering
Oregon PE, SE
Washington PE, SE
- Tilt-up Concrete Association